Internet and Wifi Router Setup
We can help you get connected to the internet wirelessly. New wireless connection or old Wi-Fi connection, we can ensure that everything is up and running, according to your requirements.
- Your wireless connection would be setup with security and proper signal strength.
- Physically setup and configure network settings for ROUTER AND ACCESS POINTS
- DU AND ETISALAT setup and connectivity to router
- Update router firmware if required
- Setup of router for unique name (SSID)
- Enable wireless encryption on network to safeguard your personal information and secure your broadband signal from use by others
- Change default administrator username and password
- Enable and configure devices to share the Internet, files, printers and other media (including photos, videos and music)
- Connect networkable devices to the network , including network-enabled computers, gaming consoles, Blu-ray/DVD players, televisions and more
Liquid Spill on Laptop
ACTS Laptop Repairs has repaired many Laptops exposed to accidental liquid spills. This is a recoverable condition in most cases. It is most important to respond to the cleaning up process as soon as possible
(before corrosion or internal soakage occur)! Liquid intrusion can cause the following types of laptop damage:
- Short circuit due to conductive nature of wet liquid (problem may clear as liquid dries)
- Short circuit due to dried liquid residue
- Corrosion occurs (particularly volatile with some acidic soft drinks – Coke)
- Electronic components damaged by above short circuits
Immediately when you have a liquid spill on laptop, turn off the laptop, invert the laptop and leave the unit upside down (drainage) for at least 20-30 minutes. Then, remove any attached leads, remove the power unit and battery, and allow the unit to air-dry overnight.
To remove any liquid residual:
Have someone remove the keyboard assembly and perform additional cleaning. It may help to use cotton buds and distilled water to remove any contamination. Where corrosive side effects may be suspected (with coke), gently rub any suspect areas with a cotton bud dampened with CRC or WD-40. Dry the treated areas so that only a light film of the WD-40 anti-corrosive solution remains. While the keyboard is removed, use a bright light and magnifying lens to inspect areas where the liquid made contact.